I listened to my friend, Jerry, talking on the telephone to his sister who lives in Tacoma, Washington. They were talking about the sister’s plan to go on a beach vacation to some of our Southern states in about two weeks time and Jerry was frantically trying to convince her not to go at this time … I heard him tell her, “Schedule that trip in about 6 months or so if the coronavirus threat has gone by then, but for God’s sake, don’t go now!”
Jerry warned her that the beaches would be crowded with massive amounts of people right now and that the dangers associated with spread of the coronavirus were extremely high,
Apparently the sister was adamant about her plans and it was mentioned that she was taking their brother, Mike, with them.
Jerry argued until he was blue in the face but could not prevail in convincing his sister to change her plans.
That conversation took place more than two months ago.
The memorial service for the sister and the brother has been delayed due to coronavirus considerations and will be scheduled for a date when it is deemed safe for family members to gather.